Monday, March 3, 2014

Alignment

I was listening to a lecture yesterday and the speaker posed an interesting question. If money were no issue, if all of your bills and financial obligations were taken care of, what would you do? It's  a topic I have thought about before. I have not yet reached the level of financial comfort that I strive for, and once again, if not now- when? So I  thought about it again- what would I want to do. Where does my passion lie?

I know I would want to write- I would want to spend more time with my children, grandchildren, family and friends. I would want to spend more time outside- exploring and hiking. Maybe take a few family vacations. Give back to my community to a greater degree. Teach others, perhaps in accordance with my writing.

And so I am beginning.Doing it as if it is already happening- in any ways that I can. Getting up earlier than usual to spark some creative thoughts and words before work. It feels a little jagged, and the flow of words is not quite so easy- perhaps in anticipation of a busy day ahead. But the important thing is that I still sat down to write. 

Like a rusty joint needs extra lubricant to soften  and work smoothly- I feel I am nourishing my internal and external joints that have become stiff and creaky.So I may be wring about alignment from a variety of perspectives. Financial alignment, spiritual alignment, physical alignment, emotional alignment. Following my passion and joy and eliminating areas of toxic stress.  It feels good to nurture the embers of creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment